Saturday, August 17, 2013

Great looking affordable and durable flooring!


Our first home is great, but carpet in the kitchen is a HUGE NO NO!

Blue carpet in the kitchen!  

Parkay Floors in the dinning room

My husband and I were looking for dark wood flooring that was affordable. Now let's face it, dark wood is never cheap. We are always on a tight budget so we looked into Lumber Liquidators.

The flooring we were looking for had to look good, be durable and be affordable. We looked at all the hardwood and it was too much, so we looked at the laminate... it was affordable but didn't look like it would last and I needed it to last with all the traffic that a kitchen has and spills. Laminate is not appropriate for spills!

I then saw a gorgeous wood color that caught my eye right away! It was love at first sight!  :) 

http://m.lumberliquidators.com/ll/c/Summer-Island-Teak-Click-Resilient-Vinyl-Tranquility-5ST/10024913

When I asked what it was they said it was a type of vinyl.... I thought "No way!" But once he told us about it, I knew it was the right choice.


When I think vinyl, I think plastic glued on to my floor coming off a few years later.
This floor is not glued it is installed just like laminate, it clicks together and best of all, it's WATERPROOF!! Perfect for a kitchen!

We bought it and my husband installed it himself with the help of a friend in about 4 hours!! 
My husband taking off the parkway flooring from the dinning room


The floor is scratch resistant, waterproof and it comes with a 50 yr. Warranty. We have had it for about a month and its holding up great, its easy to clean and so pretty!


We spend a total of about $800 for 15 boxes of flooring and 2 rolls of the padding! Great Deal!

  Here are a few pictures.
No more ugly blue carpet!  :)

Nice even look for both rooms

New kitchen floor
Doesn't it look so much better?

No comments:

Post a Comment